These sites offer information and Web links to agencies and services throughout Ontario. The databases offer a keyword search, similar to library database search. Being specific will result in more tailored result. For example, if you are seeking counselling for alcohol abuse, you would type in “addiction” or “substance abuse.”
- 211 Community Connection
Information about community and social services in the city of Toronto. Dial 211 in the 416 and 647 area codes (no charge). You can also access online at 211toronto.ca
- Program Organization Search
Information about community and social services in Halton/Peel Region, with links to several other similar databases for services in communities such as Hamilton, York Region, Durham Region, Peterborough and more please click the following link search.hipinfo.info
Agencies and Information Lines
Detailed information and web links for the agencies listed below can be found on 211 Community Connection.
- Ontario's Post Secondary Student Helpline please click www.good2talk.org or call 1 866 925 5454
Ontario's Post Secondary Student Helpline
- 519 Church Street Community Centre
Counselling referral service for LGBT clients.
- Trans Lifeline
Telephone support, information, and/or referral for transgender people. Limited hours of operation, please see www.translifeline.org for more information.
- Assaulted Women’s Helpline
24/7 telephone support, information and referral for women in abusive situations.
- Barbra Schlifer Commemorative Clinic
Individual and group counselling for women who have experienced sexual assault, partner abuse, incest or child sexual abuse. Free legal advice and referral service.
- Catholic Family Services
Individual, couple and family counselling for individuals of all ethnic and religious backgrounds. Specialized programs and groups offered. Fees charged on a sliding scale based on an individual’s ability to pay.
- Addiction and General Mental Health Assessment - Centre For Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH)
Information, individual and group treatment for individuals dealing with substance abuse concerns.
416-535-8501 ext. 6128
- Mood and Anxiety Program - Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH)
Provides inpatient and outpatient therapy to people with mood and anxiety disorders. The program offers consultations, time-limited treatment and follow-up, education and services for families.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Unit - Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH)
Provides short term treatment for treatment of depression.
416-535-8501 ext. 4877
- Chinese Family Services of Ontario
Individual, couple and family counselling for members of the Chinese community. Fees charged on a sliding scale based on an individual’s ability to pay.
- Connex Ontario Health Services Information
Information, referral service for treatment of substance abuse concerns throughout the province of Ontario.
- Distress Centre Incorporated
24/7 telephone crisis line.
- Family Service Association
Individual, couple and family counselling service. Specialized programs and groups offered. Fees charged on a sliding scale based on an individual’s ability to pay.
- Freedom From Fear Outreach
Information and referral service for individuals experiencing and/or wanting to learn more about anxiety disorders and treatment options.
- Hospital Outpatient Mental Health units:
Many hospitals provide counselling and psychotherapy through their outpatient mental health units. For more information contact the hospital in your area or search for ‘hospital outpatient mental health’ at 211toronto.ca
- Jewish Family and Child Services
Multi-service agency offering individual, couple and family counselling services.
- Medical Clinic for Person Centred Psychotherapy
OHIP covered general practitioner psychotherapy service.
416-229-2399 (North York location)
416-236-0248 (Etobicoke location)
- National Eating Disorders Information Centre
Information and referral service for disordered eating and body image concerns.
416-340-4156 or toll free 1-866-633-4220
- OISE Counselling and Psychoeducational Clinic
Counselling and assessment services available from the months of September to June. Fees charged on a sliding scale. Services provided by supervised graduate students or OISE/UT staff.
416-923-6641 ext. 2584
- Sheena’s Place
Community support centre for individuals with eating and body image concerns. Support groups and resource library offered.
416-927-8900 or toll free 1-888-743-3627
- Women Recovering From Abuse Program (WRAP) - Women’s College Hospital
Intensive individual and group trauma treatment program for women who have experienced childhood abuse.
416-323-6400 ext. 4863
- Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Care Centre - Women’s College Hospital
Provides both medical and psychological care to adults who have been sexually assaulted.
- Women’s Counselling, Referral and Education Centre (WCREC)
Information, referral and linkage to counselling services. Roster of private therapists providing counselling on a sliding scale.