Personal Counselling Services (PCS) provides:
- short-term individual, couple, and group counselling services to York University students.;
- crisis intervention (see What to do in a Crisis);
- consultation to the York Community regarding issues related to mental health and students in distress or crisis;
- critical incident response debriefings and consultation, and;
- clinical training for graduate students in Psychology, Social Work, and Psychotherapy.
PCS aims to help students realize, develop and fulfill their personal potential in order to maximally benefit from their university experience. We help students manage the challenges of university life. Our clients come to see us because of a wide range of concerns, including but not limited to: depression, anxiety, abuse, stress, self-esteem, eating and body image, issues about sexuality, relationship issues.
To learn more about other resources that are related to mental health and wellness at York, click on this link mhw.info.yorku.ca.