Personal Counselling Services (PCS) aims to help York students realize, develop and fulfill their personal potential in order to maximally benefit from their university experience and manage the challenges of university life. Students come to PCS because of a wide range of concerns including, but not limited to: depression, anxiety, abuse, stress, self-esteem, relationship issues, eating and body image as well as issues related to sexuality.
Personal Counselling Services provides:
- Short-term individual, couple, and group counselling services to York University students
- Personal development workshop and workshop series
- Crisis intervention for York students
- Consultation to the York Community regarding students in distress/crisis and issues related to mental health in general
- Critical incident response debriefings and consultations
- Clinical training for graduate students in Psychology, Social Work, and Psychotherapy
Learn more about other York University resources related to mental health and wellness at York.